This year we are celebrating the tenth anniversary of The Globe being community owned. It was the first pub/venue to be owned and run by a cooperative committed to live music.
The main focus of the celebration will be the 10 YEARS A CO-OP festival on 26-30 April 2024. Headline acts include Izzie Walsh (folk/americana singer/songwriter), Pensacola Mist (synthpop trio), Alligator Gumbo (New Orleans swing jazz) and Clark Tracey Quintet (contemporary modern jazz). There will be sessions celebrating the co-op’s commitment to learning and participation, including a course showcase concert, swing dance workshop, and jazz and bluegrass jam sessions.
We are asking all our friends and supporters to help make this a big success. Here’s how you can help:
- Please come to the festival if you can and tell your friends about it. Encourage them to buy tickets as soon as they go on sale on 1 February.
- Please share The Globe’s posts about the festival.
- We are looking for donations and sponsorship to support the festival. Please donate directly to Pink Lane Jazz Co-op Ltd, account number 65719226, sort code 08-92-99, using the reference 10 YEARS.
- We need people to join the small team organising the festival. If you would like to help please email email@example.com
- We want new people to join the co-op and help guide The Globe through the next 10 years. Details of how to join are here https://jazz.coop/join-us-membership-form/