Saturday 2 April: 13:30 – 17:00 at The Globe with Steve Glendinning
The Language of Music
This month’s workshop has improvisation at its heart. Whether you’re new to jazz and improvised music or a veteran with years of experience, join us for a practical, performance-based exploration of the language of music.
Tired of playing the same licks? Feel like you’re not progressing musically? We’ll be taking a fresh approach to harmonic progressions and jazz standards in order to unlock the infinite potential these vehicles for improvisation contain, developing interesting and enjoyable practical techniques to broaden your musical vocabulary and enable you to play freely and effectively over your favourite tunes.
Areas of study will include:
- Roles within the ensemble
- Chord chart/lead sheet realization
- Melodic interpretation and articulation
About Play Jazz! workshops
Play Jazz! is a series of introductory workshops focusing on specific aspects of jazz improvisation, running on the first Saturday of each month (except January and August). Each workshop is different, and is usually facilitated by a different tutor. The Play Jazz! workshops are intended to appeal to a wide range of musicians including those who
- play other styles of music but are new to jazz
- play written music but want to learn to improvise
- have not played for a while and want to refresh their skills
- want to meet and play with other jazz musicians.
Suitable for all instrumentalists and improvising vocalists. Minimum age 16.
About learning and participation at The Globe
We have implemented policies and procedures to reduce the risk of spreading infection. We want to ensure that participants feel welcome, comfortable and safe.
You will need to bring all the equipment you need including instruments, amplifiers (if required) and music stands.
The workshop fee is £25.
There are some half-price bursaries available for adults aged 18-25 (please email email@example.com for details).
To enrol please complete the form below.
To confirm your booking you need to pay for the course in advance. You can pay in one of the following ways:
- By bank transfer (online banking) directly into our bank account: Account name: Pink Lane Jazz Co-op Ltd, Account number: 65650408, Sort code: 08 92 99
- By making an online payment by credit/debit card or PayPal: use the button at the bottom of this web page
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
[contact-form-7 id=”4049″ title=”Enrolment Form – Play Jazz! workshop”]
PAYING BY CARD/PAYPAL
If you are paying by card/PayPal please click SEND above before you click BUY NOW.